Paleo strawberry mango salad with chicken, avocado, almonds and strawberry poppyseed dressing. A delicious and healthy lunch or dinner that is paleo, gluten free and dairy free.
If you ever want to know whether Shawn or I did the load of laundry, just count how many dryer sheets there are.
When I do the laundry, I’ll use 1 dryer sheet. Maybe 2 if it’s our sheets or towels and I want them extra soft and fluffy.
If Shawn does the laundry, he uses basically the entire box of dryer sheets.
Or at least it feels like that. He just reaches in and grabs a big ‘ole stack. I’ve counted 8 dryer sheets in a load before. He’s so funny. That guy loves using dryer sheets.
I shouldn’t be complaining. He helps with the laundry, which makes him the greatest husband ever.
And I make Shawn this delicious and pretty paleo strawberry mango salad for dinner, and he certainly isn’t complaining.
Which is a BIG deal, because whenever Shawn asks “What’s for dinner?”, and I answer “salad” he usually says, “Hmmm…what else could you make for dinner.” He’s a meat and potatoes guy.
When I put this paleo strawberry mango salad out for dinner he seemed a little unenthusiastic, until he took his first bite. He ate it up, and went back for seconds. It is so good! Sweet strawberries and mango, creamy avocado, crunchy almonds, juicy chicken, and topped with my paleo strawberry poppyseed dressing.
Not only is this strawberry mango salad pretty and delicious, but it’s so healthy! Paleo, gluten free, dairy free and low calorie. If you leave the chicken off, it’s vegan too! A great lunch or dinner.
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup champagne vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup strawberries, stem removed (about 4 medium strawberries)
- 1 tablespoon poppyseeds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 cups baby greens
- 2 8-oz chicken breasts, cooked* and chopped
- 1 medium mango, chopped
- 1 cup of strawberries, chopped (about 8 medium strawberries)
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 1 cup roasted, sliced almonds
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor or blender, and blend until the strawberries are completely liquified. Makes 1.5 cups. Leftovers will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for 2 weeks.
- In a large salad bowl, combine all the ingredients. Top with desired amount of dressing, and toss. Serve immediately.
More Salad Recipes