The BEST Stir Fry Sauce
This stir fry sauce recipe is easy, healthy, & ready in no time! Smother this homemade sauce over your favorite stir-fried meat & veggies- the BEST!
Allow me to introduce you to the BEST stir fry sauce ever! Yes, it is very necessary that BEST is in all caps. I love a great stir fry packed with veggies and meat, but let’s be honest, the most important part is an amazing, Asian-inspired sauce!
This recipe will blow your mind. It’s homemade, easy, and ready in under 10 minutes! Did I mention it’s better than takeout?!
Table of Contents
Watch The Recipe Video
Note: You can also watch this recipe video on YouTube.
What Makes This Recipe Great
Now, this sauce may not look like much, but its lack of beauty is more than made up in flavor. Delicious Asian flavors like soy sauce, garlic, ginger, sesame seed oil, and rice vinegar are all whisked together into a versatile, easy-to-make sauce.
It can be adjusted to be vegan or gluten-free without losing any flavor. Just add all the ingredients to a pint-sized mason jar, close the lid tightly, and shake!
This is really the only stir fry sauce you’ll ever need. It’s quick, and the kind of recipe you’ll want to make again and again! It’s great with chicken, beef, pork, shrimp, and just about every combination of stir-fried vegetables. I just can’t get enough!
Soy Sauce: I like to use low sodium soy sauce to make this recipe healthier. If you need it to be gluten-free, swap the soy sauce for Tamari (you seriously can’t tell the difference!).
Chicken Stock (or Broth): I use Kettle + Fire organic chicken bone broth (my favorite! Use code TASTESLOVELY for 20% off!) for this recipe, but if you’re vegan, use vegetable broth. It’s a totally easy substitution that still tastes just as good!
Corn Starch: Many people prefer corn starch because it’s what they have on hand, but a healthier swap for corn starch is either Tapioca Flour or Arrowroot powder. These have fewer carbs and are excellent thickeners!
Honey: Instead of brown sugar, I use a healthier swap like honey. If you want a vegan alternative, simply swap the honey for agave nectar.
Sesame Seed Oil & Rice Vinegar: These are both pretty easy to find! Check your favorite local grocery store if you don’t have any on hand!
Ginger: You can use grated ginger, minced ginger, ginger paste, or even ground ginger (many readers have had success with this!) for this recipe.
Garlic Cloves: Use either finely grated or minced garlic.
Recipe Step by Step
- Simply whisk all ingredients together. Alternatively, you can put all the ingredients in your mason jar (or another container with a tight lid), close the lid, and shake until combined!
- You can adjust the amount you make according to how many servings of stir fry you need.
- This recipe makes 1-1/4 cups of sauce, which is the perfect amount for a chicken stir fry that serves 4 people with 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed, 1 head of broccoli, 2 red bell peppers, 1 yellow onion, 1 zucchini, all chopped, and served with 2 cups cooked white rice.
- If you want your sauce to serve 8 people, simply double the recipe!
- When you add this sauce to your stir-fried veggies and protein, make sure to add the sauce last. Allow it to cook for 3 full minutes with the stir fry to give the corn starch or alternative thickening agent time to thicken.
(scroll to the bottom to see the customizable, printable recipe!)
Stir Fry Sauce Variations
With just a few swaps, you can easily make this sauce fit your dietary needs and it will still taste AMAZING!
Vegan: Use vegetable broth and agave nectar!
Spicy: Add red pepper flakes (to taste).
Gluten-Free: Use tamari instead of soy sauce.
Vegetarian: Use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth!
Yes! I’ve listed several swaps to make this stir fry sauce recipe healthier and lifestyle-friendly. It’s super versatile and tastes amazing in all the different ways you make it!
Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week, though you will probably eat it sooner!
If you have leftover sauce, you can freeze it! Freeze in any freezer-safe container for at least 6 months. Thaw, then use in your stir fry.
This recipe makes 1-1/4 cups of sauce, which is the perfect amount for a stir fry that serves 4 people. However, If you are serving more people, you can increase the number of servings when you print the recipe below!
While you can make a few swaps to make this recipe keto, I’ve already created an even healthier version of this oh-so-popular recipe. Check out this Keto Whole30 stir fry sauce recipe!
Easy Stir Fry Recipes
Love this recipe? Thank you! Please leave a 5-star ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating in the recipe card below + leave me a review in the comments. I respond to every one! Be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, and Facebook. Tag me if you try a recipe!
The BEST Stir Fry Sauce
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Kettle + Fire chicken stock bone broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, grated or finely minced
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- Make The Stir Fry Sauce
- In a mason jar (or small bowl), combine all the ingredients. If using a mason jar, I love adding on the lid and shaking to combine. If using a bowl, whisk to combine. Whisk all ingredients together.
- Makes 1-1/4 cups. You can use immediately, or keep refrigerated in an airtight container for 1 week.
- How To Make A Stir Fry
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in 2 tablespoons oil, then 1 pound protein of your choice. (Works with chopped or ground chicken, sliced or ground beef, peeled + deveined shrimp, chopped or ground pork, tofu, etc) Cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the protein is cooked through. Transfer the protein to a plate.
- To the same skillet, add in another 2 tablespoons oil and 4 cups of chopped vegetables of your choice. (broccoli, green beans, bell pepper, asparagus, onion, mushrooms, zucchini, etc). Cook 5-7 minutes until the veggies are crisp tender.
- Add back in the protein, and pour over all 1-1/4 cups of the sauce. Allow to come to a bubble, which will activate the thickener.
- Remove from the heat and serve warm over cooked rice, cauliflower rice or noodles.