- 1 cup water
- 2 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups cranberries
- (1) 6-oz can Blue Diamond Honey Roasted Almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 serving coconut whipped cream
- In a medium size sauce pan, combine water, 1 cup of the granulated sugar (other 1 cup reserved for coating cranberries later), vanilla and salt. When the the bottom of the pan gets small bubbles, remove the pot from heat, add the cranberries, and cover. Allow the cranberries to steep for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cranberries with a slotted spoon and transfer to a wire rack. Allow to cool for another 30 minutes. (save the steeping simple syrup for cocktails!)
- Pour the remaining 1 cup granulated sugar to a plate, and roll the cranberries in the sugar. Leave on the plate to dry for at least 1 hour, or up to 48 hours. Do not cover or refrigerate, they will get soggy. You want them to stay crispy.
Crust and Filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with the oven rack in the center position. Brush a nonstick 9″ spring form pan with melted coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the coconut flakes and Blue Diamond Honey Roasted Almonds. Pulse until the mixture resembles medium size crumbs, about 1 minute. Then add the coconut oil. Pulse until the mixture resembles course sand, about 30 seconds.
- Dump the coconut almond crust into the spring form pan. Gently spread the crumbs to make an even layer, and to come up the side of the pan about ½”. Once the crumbs are even, press the crumbs in with firm pressure using a cup measure. You may need to brush the bottom of the cup measure with coconut oil to make sure the crumb mixture doesn’t stick.
- Bake the crust for 14 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Remove the crust, and allow to cool completely.
- Once the crust is cooled, add the coconut whipped cream, and spread until even layer. Transfer the filled tart uncovered to the refrigerator for at least 1 hour to chill, or up to 48 hours.
- Remove from the fridge and the spring form pan when ready to serve. (You want to serve this cold so the coconut whipped cream stays firm.) Cut into slices, and top with sugared cranberries.