- Preheat oven to 450 degrees with the racks in the upper and lower thirds. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Set up your dredging station in 3 medium size bowls. 1st bowl for the flour, salt and smoked paprika, whisked together. 2nd bowl for the eggs and water. 3rd bowl for the panko bread crumbs.
- Take one onion slice. Dredge it in flour, shake off excess. Then dip in the egg wash so it is completely coated. Then dip it in the panko bread crumbs so it is covered. Place the onion ring on the parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the onion rings. You can nestle the smaller rings inside the larger rings to save on space.
- Spray the top of the onions rings generously with olive oil cooking spray. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the onion rings are golden brown. Swap the pans half way through baking. You don’t need to flip the onion rings.
- When done baking, sprinkle with desired amount of salt. Serve warm.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins