- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons dairy free semi sweet chocolate chips (Trader Joe’s has the best!)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (or 3 teaspoons coconut sugar for paleo)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon pure peppermint extract (optional, unless it’s Christmas time)
- coconut whipped cream (optional, but not really)
- In a microwave safe measuring cup, microwave the almond milk for 3 minutes.
- Once the almond milk is warm, add the chocolate chips, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract (and optional peppermint extract). Whisk to combine.
- Microwave for another 1 minute, or until desired temperature is reached.
- Pour into a mug, and top with coconut whipped cream.