- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (Skippy is the best!)
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with the oven racks in the upper and lower third. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Use a medium size cookie scoop to scoop out the dough (1.5 tablespoon size balls). Put 9 cookies per sheet. Use a fork to make cross hatches on top of the dough.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges are set and the centers are slightly puffed up. Rotate the cookie sheets half way thru baking. Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before eating.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container for 1 week.