- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I get my chicken from ButcherBox, which I highly recommend)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Granny Smith apple, skin left on, chopped, about 1–1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted roasted pecans
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped, about 1/2 cup
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (or sub greek yogurt)
- whole wheat bread
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees with the oven rack in the upper 1/3. Drizzle the chicken breasts with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast on a parchment lined baking sheet until the chicken breasts reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees. About 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes. Chop into 1/2″ cubes. Will be about 2 cups.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the chopped chicken breasts, apple, dried cranberries, pecans, celery and mayonnaise. Stir to combine.
- Serve the chicken salad on whole wheat bread with lettuce to serve as a sandwich, or in lettuce cups to serve as lettuce wraps.
- Will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for 5 days. The longer it sits in the fridge, the better the flavor!
I love using this meat thermometer to make sure my meat is cooked to the correct temperature!