Five Things for Friday
1. Every morning I leave my bed perfectly made before going to work, but when I come home my pillows are always smushed. I had my suspicions, but this week Shawn stopped by the house in the middle of the day and caught these 2 having quite the cushy nap on top of the pillows. Apparently the mattress alone isn’t soft enough. They sure are lucky they’re so dang cute!
2. Is there a better sight? A perfect spread of Mexican deliciousness from our dinner date on Wednesday. Dang I love Mexican food. Almost got thru that whole taco salad…almost…
3. Is there a worse sight? I opened myself a bottle of white wine at precisely 5:01pm on Thursday and the cork broke. Ugh. Don’t worry, I didn’t give up. I got that cork out.
4. We did an engagement shoot at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk last weekend and I am OBSESSED with the pictures! How fun are these? So bright and colorful. For real took over 600 pictures, and have narrowed it down to 280, haha!
5. Shawn and I just booked a trip to Portland, OR October 1st for our 2nd anniversary. Thanks to the awesome sale Southwest had this week, the round trip tickets for the both of us was only $236! Last year we went to Seattle for our 1st anniversary, and had so much fun we decided that every year for our anniversary we were going to go explore a new city in the US. Seattle was amazing. The best part is Shawn made this video of our trip that makes me tear up every time I watch. It might be my favorite video he has ever made, and this guy of mine makes a lot of videos. It’s just so…us…
Enjoy! (PS-The beginning of the movie in black and white is a nod to Wall-E, which we kind of love…a lot…)
I love us so much.
24 Comments on “Five Things for Friday”
I suddenly have a craving for Mexican food tonight… :)
The two of you have so much talent! Love those engagement shots and the video is so cute. Have a wonderful weekend, Natalie!
Wow, such fun engagement photos! You and Shawn are adorable – love the video :) Yay for Portland and your dogs are too darn cute! Hope you have a great weekend lady!
What a fun idea for engagement photos! Love those happy colors!
Aww I love the video! And I am super glad you got the cork out of your wine bottle, there is pretty much nothing worse than a broken cork! :)
Portland is suuuuuch an awesome city! We went last fall and totally loved it!! I posted about some of the highlights if you want some ideas:
And omg… that taco salad. WANT.
Oh those dogs! What a luxurious life. And I said “OH NO” out loud when I saw that cork. The worst! Hope you enjoy your weekend, Natalie! :)
Such a fun video! What a talented hubby you have!
Love your engagement photos, too, and that piccy of your super sneaky pets. Have you seen that Youtube vid of the dog that goes crazy rolling all over the bed when the owner is out. So funny! Have a great weekend!
Your dogs are too funny!
I think it’s neat that you guys are going to a different city each anniversary, it’s so much fun exploring new places. Zach’s bucket list includes visiting every MLB stadium, we haven’t made it very far but I’ve had such a good time exploring each new city I’d likely never have visited otherwise!
Oh my gosh, Eric just emailed me a couple days ago that tickets to Portland were super cheap on SW and that we should go this fall! WE’RE CRASHING!! haha. Your video is so super cute Natalie. I love you guys :)
You two are darn cute together. My dog loves to sleep on our pillows too. Your Mexican meal looks drool worthy.
Hi Natalie, just watched your video and you guys seem like you have so much fun together and really enjoy each other. Very nice!!
Every time we leave the house and our dog watches us as the door closes. I’m convinced she is like, woo hoo…time to p.a.r.t.y! Haha I love you engagement photos! Those are just beautiful! Super cute video. You are obviously are a great match :D
Your dogs are so cute! My dog does the same thing. When I come home, she is in my bed all curled up by my pillow! I can’t get mad at her though. She’s too sweet and cute!
Love, love the engagement shoot pictures!
Have a wonderful weekend!
You guys are just so fun! Those engagement pics are awesome! Happy Friday!
Oh that Mexican food deliciousness is calling my name. You and Shawn are just the cutest :)
Those engagement photos are absolutely adorable! LOVE that you rode the Ferris wheel with them for that shot . . . that’s commitment. :)
And how exciting about Portland! Our first anniversary isn’t until November, but I’m already thinking up fun not-too-far-from-home overnight trips we could take. I love to travel — and there are so many amazing places to explore!
Photo shoot….so fun!
Mexican food….looks amazing.
Can’t believe it’s Friday again. But I’m so happy!
Have a great weekend girl!
I LOVE the engagement photos you did! They turned out amazing. Such a cool idea to do engagement photos at a boardwalk (love that ferris wheel one!) Oh, and I’m kind of obsessing over how amazing your Mexican taco salad looks. ;) Have an awesome weekend, Nat!
Aww what cute dogs! I’m sure it’s hard to stay mad at that. And Mexican food is the best! My husband and I go to our favorite Mexican place probably more often than we should, but it’s just so delicious! :) And the wine cork thing, I’ve done that a bazillion times! Which is why I bought myself an electric wine opener. And it’s amazing! Opens the bottle, cork, seal and all, in less than a minute! Have a great weekend, Natalie!