Five Things for Friday
1. We went camping in Big Sur over the weekend. Beautiful! We love camping at Fernwood Resort, and go at least once a year. A little creek runs right thru the campsite, and we call far in advance so we can book a site right next to the water.
We went up with my sister Nicole and her husband Ken, of course. When are the 4 of us not together? We spent a lot of time playing games and sitting by the fire. Another wonderful October weekend here in California!
2. I am loving that the sun is going down sooner (even though it is making food photography very difficult!). When the sun goes down by 7, it makes Shawn and I very sleepy, and we are falling asleep quite early. How beautiful was this sunset I got?
3. I am obsessed with Lena Dunham. Obsessed! I’ve seen all the episodes of Girls at least twice (Shawn has too, *wink*). So when I saw that she was coming to San Francisco for her book tour, I bought tickets the minute they came out. I went with my girlfriend Logan, and we met before for dinner and drinks. Was so fun! Lena came out and read an essay from her book, then sat down for a long interview. Was like watching an episode of Inside the Actors Studio, but better, because it was with Lena Dunham.
4. We posted our newest wedding video yesterday! Each one keeps getting better and better! Shawn does such a good job editing them. Funny fact about this video – we filmed this on the HOTTEST day. Over 100 degrees. After the ceremony, I think I had little bit of heat stroke and thought I was going to throw up. I had to sit down inside in the air conditioning and chugged about 2 bottles of water.
5. Ok friends, I need your help! I had Shawn snap a few pictures of me to update my new little picture in the top right hand picture of my blog. I’ve narrowed it down to 4 pictures, but I can’t decide which one I like best. It’s too hard of a decision! Even though they’re all so similar, they all seem so different. It reminded me of this scene from Devil Wears Prada. Since you will all be looking at it to, I thought you could help me decide by weighing in. Which do you think? #1, #2, #3 or #4? Thanks in advance loves!
32 Comments on “Five Things for Friday”
What a great camping trip! All of the pictures are gorgeous! What a heard decision. I like 2 and 3 best.
Looks like you all had a fab time in Big Sur! And while I, too, am not a fan of the sun sinking earlier, the sunsets here (and there!) have been stunning.
I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the photos, but I prefer #3 with #1 being a close second! :)
I vote for #3, although you look amazing in all of them :) I need to update my profile pic, unfortunately Ben cannot seem to work my camera! Happy week-end!!
I’m jealous of your trip to Big Sur. What a beautiful place to go camping! That wedding video is gorgeous, once again! And I really love #3 for your new pic. Have a great weekend, Natalie!
I love to camp, especially in the fall. Beautiful sunset picture, and love the pictures of you too , I can’t decide but I vote either #2 or 3 !!
Have a great weekend :-)
Your camping trip sounded like so much fun! I have definitely been getting sleepier earlier too and have to start making dinner at breakfast time if I want to get a good picture haha. You look gorgeous in all the shots but #3 is my fave since you are looking straight at the camera :)
Looks like you had a fun week, I love to go camping too it’s so relaxing. I’d have to say #2 or #3 for the pictures too!
Look at you beautiful girl!! I get why if hard for you to decide which one lol, but I really like #3 because it’s powerful when someone looks into the camera! You could always put the others in the about me section as well ;) camping sounds lovely. I have camped since last year and there was snow on the ground lol now that I’m in the city I’m living a life far from campin :/ but that’s ok! 100 degrees, I would die!! I bet chugging that water helped! Video turned out great though!! XX
#3!!!! and that bokeh. to.die.for.
Love your Friday posts and oh my you are so pretty! I like #3 only because you are looking into the camera. They are all beautiful!
I am so jealous that you’re still able to go camping – I bet it’s beautiful in CA right now! That sunset shot is stunning. My hubby and I are having the hardest time trying to stay awake past 8 PM. I kid you not – we are definitely missing the sun since it’s pitch dark out come 6 o’clock, but it makes everything feel super cozy as well.
While all of your pics are gorgeous, I’d go for #3 or #4.
Have a fabulous weekend. XOXO
I vote #2 or #3! You need Shaun to snap some behind the scenes photos of the master at work! I can envision them as I type and they would be so great for your blog and future cookbook ;)
Sounds like you had a great time camping, Natalie! I’m sure that was tons of fun. And congrats on your newest wedding video! So my picture vote, I would go with either #2 or #3!
stop posting wedding stuff!!! it’s making me anxious to get my own pics and vids lol. but seriously camping sounds like SO much fun and I love pics #1 & #3 – have a great weekend! xx
The wedding video is so beautiful. You guys did such a great job! I like #3. :)
I love photos 1 and 3. So pretty. You look great.
I havent’ been camping since I was 10 :( I wanna go but it’s too cold for that now. Maybe next spring.
Ah, camping — I think I would enjoy it much more in Big Sur than I do here in chilly Maryland! :)
I have to agree that No. 3 is also my favorite — you look lovely!
All of the photos are lovely, bu I prefer #3! The sun going down earlier is a bummer for sure! But I am happy that it stays dark later in the morning! My kiddos are sleeping in better! :)
Camping in October?? That must just be a thing in (warm!) CA, because NOBODY here would ever dare to go camping near the end of October. LOL. Happy to hear you had a good time!
And wow, your wedding videos are always so so professional—love it!
Ooh boy, that’s a tough decision, but I’m gonna have to say #3—you are totally gorgeous by the way! :) Hope you have a good weekend, Nat!
To camping and sunsets…yay! Sun going down earlier…boo! :)
I love all the pictures but I prefer the straight on looking at the camera #3. All are beautiful!
Have a splendid weekend!