Five Things for Friday
1. The weather was so nice this past weekend in California. Spring is almost here! We went out to lunch with my sister Nicole and her husband Ken and ate outside in the warm sun with some beers. Just amazing.
2. How many dogs can we fit in the back seat of the car with me and Nicole? Haha! Shawn and Ken were riding very comfortably in the front seats. Guess the dogs like me and Nicole the best : )
3. Shawn and I think Adam Carolla is really funny and we listen to his podcast. He did crowd funding for a movie he made last year, and I donated a little money, which meant my name would be in the credits! The movie Road Hard came out last week on iTunes, and Shawn and I watched it together. So funny and sweet. At the end of the movie we tried to find my name, and it was impossible! Just look at all those names. Such tiny writing. But my sister in law found it for me when she watched it!
I’m basically a big time movie star now. *wink*
4. Shawn and Ken got some pellet guns at the sporting good store and set up a target practice on the hill in our front yard. They strung up a rope and hung a bunch of cans from it. Now Shawn is out there every day after work trying to become an expert shooter.
5. That target practice area is going to be gone very soon. Shawn and I are planning out our garden for that area, and will start digging this weekend. Looking forward to planting lots and lots of vegetables! Anyone have a great gardening resource? Books or blogs?
17 Comments on “Five Things for Friday”
Sounds like a great week to me friend! Love the dogs and girls. So much fun in one little place. :-)
Hope you had a great weekend!
Can I please have your autograph? ;) I wish I had some gardening advice for you…my best advice is not to get emotionally attached to your garden…every year, something gets my tomatoes and my strawberries. EVERY YEAR!! Good luck :)
Isn’t warm weather so perfect these days?! I bet the dogs love it too! That is awesome that your name was in the credits! You are totally famous in my book :)
I’m loving our Spring weather too! We went out for a family walk on the trail by our house this weekend and the kids collected all sorts of rocks and sticks along the way. :) Isn’t this time of year the best? We are planning to start our garden next weekend too!
There is canabilism in the bible, can’t recall which book, but during a seige, 2 women both with one child each make a pack to eat one child on one day and another child on the second dayny.Away, there are horrid stories in the Bible, but as far as I can tell, they are told as fact, not as some awesome thing that happened, God’s people have recorded the history of Israel, the good and the bad for posterity, it is an historical record.
A car ride with all those puppies looks like fun! Sadly, my garden will mostly wither this year while I wait for our house to be finished. I’ll have to get by with herbs planted in pots this year. Have fun planting!
You crack me up..”I am basically a movie star now”. I cry a little when I laugh and there are definitely a few tears! Love all the doggies, too cute! Happy Sunday girlfriend!
Yay for gardens!! That makes me so excited!! Definitely check out the garden blog GardenBetty.com…. so inspirational and beautiful, and she lives somewhere up in your neck of the woods, too!
PS– I totally want to come hang out at your house. I love your yard!
PPS– I lied, she lives in SoCal… but still check it out. :)
So happy that the wonderful sting weather is coming here too, Nat! I can’t wait to eat outside in the warm sun as well. Nothing better than enjoy the nice weather with family and friends!
So cool your name in the credits ;-)
Have a lovely weekend, my friend!
I love the pictures of those dogs! They are so adorable!
I love all the dogs in the backseat – that is too cute! It’s starting to warm up here, too. Though I’m sure my definition of warm is slightly different than yours ;) It hit 43º here today and I went out without a coat and had my sunroof down! My best gardening advice is to find someone who has been planting a garden their whole life and talk to them. Seriously, my dad had tips and tricks I couldn’t find anywhere on the internet! It’s a learning experience for sure, but definitely a fun one! I’m actually thinking of doing a blog post on starting a garden because it’s something I love and could talk about all day haha!
The spring weather has been awesome, and it looks like you’ve been enjoying it big time! I want a garden so bad I can already taste it, but I probably have to wait another year. :( Have a great weekend, Natalie!
So glad the warmer weather is finally here! Yay for getting your name in the credits – so cool :) So excited for gardening this year, I am hoping this is the year my black thumb finally turns green! Pamela from Brooklyn Farm Girl has an impressive rooftop garden in Brooklyn and gives great gardening tips. Happy Weekend!
The spring weather is finally coming my way, though not as warm as by you yet! Sounds like you had a great week! There’s nothing better than having lunch or dinner outside with some drinks. Can’t wait to do that! And yay for being a movie star! Hope you have a great weekend!
Yay for nice spring weather! Although it’s definitely not as warm here as it is in Cali, it’s definitely getting nicer out! And for that I am most grateful. LOL. And awesome that you’re planning on planting a garden this spring! I’ve gotta start planning ours pretty soon here too! My mom may be slightly shocked to hear the insane amount of different varieties of veggies I want to plant this year. Haha!
Have a great weekend, girl! :)