- 1 pound fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1. Heat a large skillet with a tight fitting lid over high heat. Add in the olive oil, green beans, salt and pepper. Turn green beans constantly until they turn bright green and begin to get a few little brown spots on them from cooking. About 2-3 minutes.
- 2. Add in 1/4 cup of water, and cover pan immediately. Allow the green beans to steam for 2-3 minutes.
- 3. Remove the lid, and stir the green beans until the remainder of the water has cooked away and evaporated. Turn heat to low. Push the green beans to the edges of the pan to make a little circle opening in the middle. Add in the 1 tablespoon of butter and grate the garlic cloves on top of the butter. Cook the grated garlic in the butter for 30 seconds until fragrant, then coat the green beans evenly in the garlic butter mixture for about 30 more seconds. Serve warm immediately.
- 4. Will keep refrigerated for 1 week in an airtight container.
- Calories: 83
- Fat: 4.75