- Non-stick cooking spray (I love coconut oil spray)
- 2–1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Organic Unbleached All Purpose White Flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, very cold, cut into 1/2” cubes
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- (1) 14-oz can sweetened condensed milk
- (1) 8-oz package english toffee bits, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees with the oven rack in the middle. Spray a 9×13″ glass baking dish with non-stick spray. Then line with parchment paper that you have cut to fit, 1 sheet going width wise and 1 sheet going length wise. I pin the parchment paper down with metal binder clips. Then spray the parchment paper with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the flour and brown sugar. Whisk to combine. Add in the cold butter, and cut into the flour and sugar with a pastry cutter until the butter is in pea size pieces. Add in the egg and stir to combine. Fold in 1-1/2 cups of the chocolate chips, and all the chopped walnuts. Stir to combine.
- Reserve 1-1/2 cups of the flour mixture. Pour the remaining flour mixture into the baking dish. Press in an even layer to the bottom of the baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and pour in the sweetened condensed milk. Reserve 1/4 cup of the toffee bits. Sprinkle the remaining toffee bits on top of the sweetened condensed milk. Then sprinkle with the reserved 1-1/2 cup flour mixture. Then sprinkle on the remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Bake for another 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Top with remaining 1/4 cup toffee bits. Allow to cool for 30 minutes. Then lift out of the baking dish with the parchment. Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.