Green Apple & Cranberry Chicken Salad
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Drizzle the chicken breasts with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165º, about 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of your chicken. Remove from oven, and allow to rest until cool enough to touch. Then chop into 1″ chunks
- In your food processor with the S-Blade attachment, pulse the celery until finely chopped. Transfer to a medium size bowl.
- Then pulse the apples until finely chopped. Transfer to the same bowl as the celery.
- Then pulse the chicken until finely chopped. Transfer to the same bowl as the apple and celery.
- Add the mayo, dried cranberries, salt and pepper to the chopped apple, celery and chicken. Stir to combine. Taste and add more salt, pepper and/or mayo if desired.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate. Best eaten at least 1 hour after refrigerating so the flavors can marinate. Will keep refrigerated for 1 week.
- Before serving, top sprinkled with sliced almonds. If you add the almonds when making, the almonds get soggy. I like them sprinkled on fresh so they stay crunchy.
Ways To Enjoy
- Scoop served on top of spring greens. No dressing needed! Then sprinkle on sliced almonds. (This is my favorite way!)
- Scoop into butter lettuce cups and eat like lettuce wraps. Top sprinkled with sliced almonds.
- Eat it scooped on to cucumber slices, celery slices, carrot sticks, etc.
- Not paleo, but this is obviously great on bread as a sandwich too! (This is how my husband eats it)