Whole30 Chicken with Berry Salsa (Keto, Paleo)
Whole30 Chicken with Berry Balsamic Salsa Recipe – A healthy and flavorful keto + paleo spring dinner. Ready in 30 minutes! Gluten free, grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free, clean eating, real food.
Every Saturday in the spring, I take the boys to the farmers market where I load up on fresh berries. Berries in the spring are better than candy.
We head home with strawberry and blueberry stains all over, and big smiles on our face.
One of my favorite ways to use the berries is to make a whole30 berry balsamic salsa.
I put the salsa on top of chicken for the most bright and flavorful spring dinner.
I sear the chicken breasts in a cast iron skillet. I break down whole chickens, and leave the skin on the chicken breasts which makes them even more delicious.
While the chicken breasts are getting crispy and golden, I combine the strawberries, blueberries, red onion, mint, balsamic vinegar and salt.
The berry salsa is so delicious, you’re going to want to put it on everything!
I served the chicken with berry salsa with some roasted cauliflower and sautéed green beans.
Perfect light and bright spring dinner!
Watch Recipe Video Demo (1:47 mins)
Grilled Chicken with Balsamic Berry Salsa
- 4 8-oz chicken breasts (I get my chicken from ButcherBox, which I highly recommend)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
Balsamic Berry Salsa
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1 cup blueberries, whole
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped mint
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon honey, optional, substitute date paste for whole30 or leave out for keto
- Preheat your cast iron skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to the cast iron skillet, and put the chicken in skin side down (if it has skin) and sear for 8-10 minutes until golden. Flip, and cook another 5-8 minutes until the chicken has an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and rest for 5 minutes.
Balsamic Berry Salsa
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl, and toss to combine. Taste, and add more honey/salt/balsamic/mint to suit your personal taste.
- Serve the chicken warm topped with the balsamic berry salsa.
- Leftovers will keep for 1 week in an airtight container.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
9 Comments on “Whole30 Chicken with Berry Salsa (Keto, Paleo)”
I’m the worst at dusting! I actually don’t think I’ve ever gone through the house and dusted things, haha! Maybe the nesting instinct will make me clean soon! This berry salsa is just gorgeous! I want to put it on everything ;)
I’m laughing over here about Shawn and the skittle haha! I can only imagine how delicious that tasted ;) This grilled chicken on the other hand looks seriously delicious! That salsa on top looks so so so good!
Sounds like you were very productive during Josh’s nap time! Go you! I love cleaning…it’s such a good feeling to relax and know that everything sparkles! This chicken is just calling my name, Natalie! I’ve never paired chicken with a berry salsa before. This is SO creative! And, of course, perfect for summer!