Easy grilled chicken topped with a balsamic berry salsa made with strawberries, blueberries, red onion, mint and balsamic vinegar. Full of spring flavor and so healthy! Paleo, gluten free, dairy free, Whole 30 and low calorie.
I finally spring cleaned my house. And not a minute too soon, because summer is practically here.
In one day, Josh took 2 separate two hour naps (usually he takes 1 hour naps), and I was able to get so much done.
I dusted e v e r y t h i n g. There must have been a little cobweb in every corner of my house.
I reorganized Josh’s clothes, and put all of his 3-6 months clothes in storage and got to go through all the 6+ months clothes I’ve had in a bin waiting for him to get bigger. Tons of cute little plaid shorts ready for hot days!
I even cleaned inbetween all the couch cushions and found the following items: 3 binkies, 2 baby burp cloths, 8 Skittles (Shawn), our extra AppleTV remote that has been missing (me), and 1 hair band.
I should mention that Shawn ate 1 of the Skittles when I showed him how many he had dropped in the cushions. Ew!
After spring cleaning, I made us this springy grilled chicken with balsamic berry salsa for dinner. Much better than stale, old Skittles.
This chicken dinner tastes fresh and bright, and couldn’t be easier to make. You grill it outside so it won’t heat up your house on hot days. It takes less than 30 minutes to make, and it only dirties 1 bowl to make the balsamic berry salsa, which is the real star of the recipe. Great way to jazz up plain grilled chicken breasts. Berries are ripe and gorgeous this time of year, and I love finding ways to use them up. The salsa is super simple: strawberries, blueberries, finely diced red onion, fresh mint, a touch of honey, and balsamic vinegar. I want to put it on everything!
This grilled chicken with balsamic berry salsa is healthy too! Uses all real ingredients and is paleo, gluten free, dairy free, Whole30 and low calorie.
- (4) 8-oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
Balsamic Berry Salsa
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1 cup blueberries, whole
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your grill (or indoor grill grates) over medium high heat.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry, drizzle them with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken breasts until they reach an indoor temperature of 165 degrees, flipping half way thru, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the grill, and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
Balsamic Berry Salsa
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl, and toss to combine. Taste, and add more honey/salt/balsamic/mint to suit your personal taste.
- Serve the chicken topped with the balsamic berry salsa.
More Chicken Recipes