Whole30 Chicken with Berry Salsa (Keto, Paleo)
Whole30 Chicken with Berry Balsamic Salsa Recipe – A healthy and flavorful keto + paleo spring dinner. Ready in 30 minutes! Gluten free, grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free, clean eating, real food.
Every Saturday in the spring, I take the boys to the farmers market where I load up on fresh berries. Berries in the spring are better than candy.
We head home with strawberry and blueberry stains all over, and big smiles on our face.
One of my favorite ways to use the berries is to make a whole30 berry balsamic salsa.
I put the salsa on top of chicken for the most bright and flavorful spring dinner.
While the chicken breasts are getting crispy and golden, I combine the strawberries, blueberries, red onion, mint, balsamic vinegar and salt.
The berry salsa is so delicious, you’re going to want to put it on everything!
I served the chicken with berry salsa with some roasted cauliflower and sautéed green beans.
Perfect light and bright spring dinner!
Watch Recipe Video Demo (1:47 mins)
- (4) 8–oz chicken breasts (I get my chicken from ButcherBox, which I highly recommend)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
Balsamic Berry Salsa
- Preheat your cast iron skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to the cast iron skillet, and put the chicken in skin side down (if it has skin) and sear for 8-10 minutes until golden. Flip, and cook another 5-8 minutes until the chicken has an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and rest for 5 minutes.
Balsamic Berry Salsa
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl, and toss to combine. Taste, and add more honey/salt/balsamic/mint to suit your personal taste.
- Serve the chicken warm topped with the balsamic berry salsa.
- Leftovers will keep for 1 week in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!