For the turkey mixture
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3” long piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 head butter, Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- Asian peanut sauce
- In a medium size skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add in the onions, ginger, salt and pepper, cooking until the onion starts to turn translucent, about 5 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add the ground turkey to the same skillet along with the onions, garlic and ginger, breaking it up as it cooks, about 10 minutes. Add in the 1/4 cup soy sauce, turn the heat up to high until all of the soy sauce is absorbed. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the cooled ground turkey into the lettuce cups and top with shredded carrots, green onions, peanuts and Asian peanut sauce.
- The turkey mixture will keep in an airtight container for 1 week in the fridge.
The cold leftovers make an amazing salad the next day. Just tear the lettuce and top with the cold turkey mixture, shredded carrots, scallions, peanuts and asian peanut sauce.