- 1 cup white, unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1–1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium zucchini, about 1 pound, will be about 2 cups once shredded
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup plain, non fat greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, with the oven rack in the middle position. Line 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with 2 sheets parchment paper, 1 running the length and 1 running the width, both cut to fit. This will make it extremely easy to lift the zucchini bread out of the pan. I use binder clips to clamp down the parchment paper so it stays in place.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Shred the zucchini using the coarse holes on a box grater, both peel and flesh. Place the shredded zucchini in a clean dish towel (or strong paper towels), and squeeze out any extra moisture. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the shredded zucchini, white sugar, honey, greek yogurt, eggs, and coconut oil. Stir to combine.
- Transfer the shredded zucchini and wet ingredients into the flour mixture. Fold until combined.
- Transfer the batter to the parchment lined loaf pan. Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a wooden inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then lift it out of the pan using the parchment paper and cool on a wire rack for another 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
- Wrap bread in plastic wrap and store at room temperature for 3 days.