- On a rimmed baking sheet, roast the hazelnuts at 300º for 20 minutes.
- Once the hazelnuts are cool enough to touch, rub them with a kitchen towel between your hands to rub off any excess hazelnut skin. You don’t need to get all of it, some skins are ok.
- In a food processor with the S Blade attachment, process the hazelnuts until creamy. About 5-7 minutes. I scrape down the bowl and lid once or twice.
- Add the coconut sugar, cocao powder and pinch of salt. Process another 2-3 minutes.
- With the blade running, remove to top pour spout and slowly pour in 6 tablespoons water. Process another 5 minutes until very creamy. Add in another 1-2 tablespoons of water if a thinner consistency is desired.
- Store in an airtight container. I store mine in 2 wide mouth 1/2 pint size mason jars, which are also freezer friendly mason jars. Will keep refrigerated for 1 month, and frozen for 1 year.