Smoked Pulled Pork
- 4 pound boneless pork butt (I get mine from ButcherBox)
- 2 tablespoons tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 cup apple juice/grape juice/peach juice/cider/soda/bone broth, etc
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons monk fruit (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (or more to taste)
- 16-ounce bag coleslaw mix
Keto Pulled Pork Bowls
Smoked Pulled Pork
- Heat your Traeger to 250ºF. I prefer this cooked with apple pellets.
- Season the pork butt generously on all sides with kosher salt.
- Smoke the pork butt fat side UP for 3-4 hours until it has an internal temperature of 160ºF.
- Lay out 4 pieces of aluminum foil so you can wrap the pork butt as air tight as possible. Transfer the pork butt fat side UP to the aluminum foil, partially wrap so the liquid won’t leak out, then pour on the juice/cider/bone broth and then wrap the pork butt completely in foil.
- Continue to cook on your Traeger at 250ºF for another 3-4 hours until the pork has an internal temperature of 205ºF. Remove from the grill and rest for 30-45 minutes wrapped in the foil.
- After it has rested. transfer the pork butt to a large bowl. Shred with 2 forks. Pour on remaining cooking liquid from the foil and add kosher salt as needed/desired. (I add about 1/2 cup cooking liquid and another 1-2 tablespoons salt)
- In the bottom of a large bowl, combine the mayo, apple cider vinegar, monk fruit + kosher salt. Taste and adjust dressing if needed. )I like it super tangy since it tends to mellow once you add the cabbage.) Add the coleslaw and toss in the dressing
Keto BBQ Pulled Pork Bowls
Pulled Pork: To make this even easier, you can use store bought shredded pulled pork. Costco has a great one. You just reheat in the microwave.
Pork Butt: You can also use bone in pork butt. No need to adjust the cooking time.
Veggies: Feel free to add in whatever veggies you want in place of the zucchini. Broccoli or bell pepper would be delicious too!
Nutrition Facts: The nutritional information is calculated based on the exact ingredients and quantities listed in the Ingredients above. It is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary, especially if you make recipe substitutions. Always best to go off your own calculations based on the ingredients and measurements you use.