- Preheat over to 425ºF. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set in the wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, dried parsley, dried chives, dried dill, garlic powder, onion powder, kosher salt and lemon zest. Stir to combine.
- Season the chicken breast with a few pinches of kosher salt. Place the chicken breast in an even layer on the wire rack.
- Divide the ranch seasoned mayo on top of the 4 chicken breast. Then sprinkle on the pork panko, and press lightly to help it adhere to the ranch seasoned mayo.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken has an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- Rest for a few minutes, then serve warm. I love mine with sauteed green beans.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for at least 5 days.
- As always, lots of tips, FAQs and substitution info in the Recipe Notes below!
Chicken: I prefer chicken breast for this recipe since they can really use the extra fat. You could use boneless, skinless chicken thighs as well. Or pork chops!
Mayonnaise: If you’re like me, the idea of baking mayo on top of chicken seems weird? I swear to you it is so amazing! It becomes like a thick and creamy layer on top of the chicken. I always love my homemade mayonnaise, but store bought works also.
Herbs: I actually prefer using dried herbs in this recipe. I always have them on hand, and it’s less work chopping them. You could use fresh also if you have them! Same quantities needed.
Lemon zest: Don’t skip the lemon zest! It adds brightness that this chicken really needs.
Pork Free: I’m obsessed with pork rind panko, best 0 carb breading. You would never guess it was made from pork rinds. But! If you need this to be pork free, you could use almond flour. It won’t get as crispy, but would work as a breading. If you don’t need it to be keto you could use GF or regular panko bread crumbs, or regular bread crumbs.
No Wire Rack: You can bake this directly on a rimmed baking sheet if you don’t have a wire rack. I love using a wire rack because it keeps the chicken up out of the juices as it’s baking, and gives you a crispier topping. This is my favorite rimmed baking sheet that comes with a wire rack. Very affordable!
Reheat: I’d honesty eat this cold chopped over salad. I don’t love microwaved chicken. But! If you’re ok with it you could reheat this in the microwave. I’d do about 3-4 minutes, or until warm.
Nutrition Facts: The nutritional information is calculated based on the exact ingredients and quantities listed in the Ingredients above. It does not include any sides, just the chicken. It is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary, especially if you make recipe substitutions. Always best to go off your own calculations based on the ingredients and measurements you use.