Keto Crusted French Toast
Keto Crusted French Toast is a dairy-free french toast recipe that is coated in a crispy Maple Waffle cereal crust. Breakfast is ready in 15 minutes!
Table of Contents
Keto Crusted French Toast Inspiration
French toast is one of my favorite breakfasts. One thing that keeps me motivated on Keto is finding swaps that make my favorite foods lower in carbs and healthier, while still tasting as delicious as the original!
After discovering keto bread and keto syrup, I knew I had to try and get a great french toast recipe. Guys…I think I got it!
Watch The Recipe Video
Note: You can also watch this recipe video on YouTube.
Keto Crusted French Toast Ingredients
While there are tons of amazing brands out there for keto bread, I decided to use Chompies (got it at Sprouts!) because it’s thick and ideal for french toast. It has an amazing texture, you won’t even realize it’s low carb!
This bread didn’t get as crispy as regular bread, which is my favorite part of french toast and what I missed the most. After getting my newest Magic Spoon shipment (code TASTESLOVELY for $5 off their 4-pack), I had this wild idea to try their Maple Waffle cereal as a coating to give keto french toast some crispiness! And OMG did it deliver!
Top with Lakanto Maple Syrup (made with monkfruit!), blueberries, and strawberries, keto crusted french toast is my family’s latest breakfast treat, without all the carbs! Bonus? This yummy meal also packs in a ton of protein and fat, making it super macro-friendly!
Love this recipe? Thank you! Please leave a 5-star ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating in the recipe card below + leave me a review in the comments. I respond to every one! Be sure to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, TikTok, and Facebook. Tag me if you try a recipe!
Keto Crusted French Toast
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup french vanilla Nutpods, see Notes
- 1 cup Maple Waffle Magic Spoon
- In a medium size bowl, make the batter by beating the eggs with the nutpods.
- Make the crust by pulsing the maple waffle magic spoon cereal in a food processor until coarse crumbs (or crush in a bag).
- Pour the crust into another medium size bowl.
Make the French Toast
- Heat your cast iron skillet over medium low heat for 5 minutes.
- Dip each slice of bread in the egg wash, pressing gently with your fingers to help it soak up the batter.
- Then, dredge the bread in the crust and coat both sides.
- When your pan is warm, add the ghee.
- Cook the french toast for about 2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Top the french toast with fresh berries and 2 tablespoons keto friendly syrup.
- Serve warm.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for at least 5 days, or frozen for at least 6 months.
- As always, lots of tips, FAQs and substitution info in the Recipe Notes below!