- 1/2 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- big handful spinach, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup english cucumber, sliced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons baby tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4-ounces cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 2 slices of cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/2 an avocado, sliced
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and toss to coat in the dressing.
- As always, lots of tips, FAQs and substitution info in the Recipe Notes!
Lettuce: I love the combo of crispy romaine and velvety spinach. Spinach has tons of vitamins and minerals in it, which is why I love to add it in to the salad. You can substitute whatever lettuce you prefer. Iceberg, baby green, arugula, etc.
Chicken: At the beginning of the week, I grill off a couple chicken breast to use in salads for the week. To make them, I drizzle with olive oil, salt + pepper. I grill on our Traeger grill at 500ºF for about 15-20 minutes until the chicken has an internal temperature of 165ºF. You could also roast the chicken breasts (425ºF oven for about 15-20 minutes). Or buy a rotisserie chicken or precooked chicken breasts at the store.
Bacon: I make a pack of bacon for breakfast every morning. I save 2 slices to use in my salad that afternoon.
Meal Prep: This salad is great for meal prep! I love using these 4-cup glass tupperware or 2.5 quart pyrex bowl. Once the cooked chicken is completely cool, I’ll add all the salad ingredients to the container except the avocado, bacon and dressing. When it’s time to eat the salad, I’ll add in freshly chopped bacon (this way the bacon stays crispy!), avocado (this way it doesn’t turn brown) and the dressing. Toss and enjoy!
Veggies: Have fun playing with adding in other veggies you love. Bell pepper, sliced radishes, red onion, etc would all be great swaps.