- (2) 8-ounce chicken breasts, sliced in half horizontally
- kosher salt + pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup pork panko
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1.25 cups jarred marinara sauce, divided
- (2) 9-ounce packages hearts of palm pasta (use code TASTESLOVELY for 10% off!) or zucchini noodles
- 1/2 shredded mozzarella cheese
- Finely chopped basil for garnish (optional)
- Prep: Heat your cast iron skillet on your stove over medium heat. Season the chicken breasts with kosher salt and pepper.
- Dredge: set up your dredging station. In a bowl, add the beaten egg. On a plate, combine the pork panko and grated parmesan, stirring to combine. Dip each breast in the egg wash, then coat on both sides in the pork panko and parmesan mixture, pressing lightly to help it adhere.
- Pan Fry: After your skillet has been heating up for 5 minutes, add in the avocado oil. Add in the coated chicken breasts, and pan fry for about 3-5 minutes per side until crispy and golden brown. Transfer the chicken to a plate. Turn your oven on to BROIL.
- Assemble: In the same skillet, pour out all but 1 tablespoon of the cooking oil (all the browned bits can stay in!). Turn the heat off. Add 1 cup of the marinara sauce and hearts of palm pasta. Stir to coat the noodles. The residual heat in the skillet will warm the noodles and pasta. Add the chicken back into the skillet and nestle it into the pasta. Top the chicken breasts with the remaining 1/4 cup marinara sauce. Then, sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken.
- Bake: Add the skillet to your oven and BROIL until the cheese is melted and bubbling, about 1-3 minutes minutes.
- Serve: Serve warm, topped with finely chopped basil.
- Leftovers: Leftovers will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for at least 5 days, or frozen for at least 6 months. (It doesn’t reheat as crispy, this dish is ideal eaten right away. Wouldn’t highly recommend as a meal prep or freezer meal)
Dairy Free: If you need this to be dairy free, check out my Whole30 + Keto Chicken No-Parmesan recipe!
Nutrition: Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary.