- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1/4 a red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 a yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1.5 cups hearts of palm pasta (my favorite is Natural Heaven spaghetti, code TASTESLOVELY for 15% off)
- 1/4 cup keto dairy free pesto
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- kosher salt to taste
- Heat your cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Pour your package of hearts of palm pasta into a fine mesh strainer and rinse with water. Set aside.
- When your skillet is warm, add the ghee, onion, bell pepper and zucchini. Season with kosher salt. Saute, stirring occasionally until crisp tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the hearts of palm pasta and stir in to the veggies to warm. About 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the chopped spinach, and use tongs to toss into the pasta until *just* wilted. Season to taste with kosher salt.
- Transfer to a plate and top with pesto and pine nuts. Serve warm.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for at least 5 days, or frozen for at least 6 months.
- As always, lots of tips, FAQs and substitution info in the Recipe Notes below!
Veggies: Have fun using whatever veggies you have on hand. You can use any color onion (0r even scallions), any color bell pepper, summer squash would work. Any other veggies would work too, like broccoli, cauliflower, kale, chard, mushrooms, etc.
Cooking Fat: I love using ghee. You can also use avocado oil, coconut oil, olive oil, or if you’re ok with dairy grass fed butter.
Pesto: To keep this dairy free and plant based, I love using my dairy free keto pesto. If you’re ok with dairy, any pesto would work.
Nutrition Facts: The nutritional information is calculated based on the exact ingredients and quantities listed in the Ingredients above. It is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary, especially if you make recipe substitutions. Always best to go off your own calculations based on the ingredients and measurements you use.