- 1 pound frozen peeled & deveined medium to large size shrimp, thawed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped, about 1 tablespoon
- zest of 1 lemon, about 2 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta
- 1 cup white wine, I like chardonnay or sauvignon blanc
- juice of 1 lemon, about 3 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1. Make the shrimp marinade by mixing the olive olive oil, chopped garlic, lemon zest, salt & pepper in a medium size bowl. Add in the shrimp and toss to combine. Cover and allow to marinate for 30 minutes on your counter. You’re marinating on the counter so the shrimp will be room temperature, which will allow for even cooking under the broiler.
- 2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper*. Lay the shrimp in a single layer.
- 3. Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Cook fettuccine according to package instructions. After adding the pasta, turn your broiler on high with rack in top position.
- 4. In a medium size pan over medium high heat, cook the remaining oil mixture from the marinade for 1 minute. Pour in the white wine, and reduce by half, about 5 minutes.
- 5. While the wine is reducing, broil shrimp until they just start to turn pink, anywhere from 3-6 minutes depending on the size of your shrimp. Remove from oven when done cooking.
- 6. To the sauce, add in the butter, heavy cream, lemon juice and paremesan cheese. Stir to combine, and taste if it needs more salt and pepper. Add in cooked pasta and parsley, toss to combine. If needed, add in pasta cooking water to thin the sauce.
- 7. Serve pasta warm topped with shrimp. Will keep for 1 week in an airtight container.
* Don’t allow the parchment paper to touch the oven coils or it will burn *
- Calories: 655
- Fat: 63g