- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1 orange cut into segments* (save the carcass juice for the dressing)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted sliced almonds
- cooked chicken** (optional)
Orange Balsamic Dressing
- In a mason jar or small mixing bowl, combine all the dressing ingredients and stir to combine.
- In a large, combine all the salad ingredients. Top with desired amount of dressing and toss to combine. Serve.
*watch the recipe video to see how to segment an orange
**for a starter salad, l don’t include chicken. But if making this for dinner or lunch, I love to grill up a chicken breast or use leftover rotisserie chicken.