- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch rainbow chard, washed, dried and chopped
- juice from 1/2 an orange
- Heat a large sautee pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil, onion, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Slowly caramelize the onions, about 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- When the onions are golden brown and caramelized, add the rainbow chard. Toss with the onions. Cook until the chard just begins to soften, about 2-4 minutes. Add the juice from the orange. Toss, and cook another 2 minutes. Taste for salt and pepper. Serve warm.