- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees with the rack in the upper 3rd, and heat an oven safe skillet over medium high heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the dijon mustard and orange zest. Stir to combine.
- Dry your salmon filets well so they will get a crispy crust, then season with salt and pepper.
- When the skillet is heated, melt the coconut oil and cook the salmon. If your salmon has skin, start it with the skin side up. Cook for 5 minutes until the salmon is crispy and golden brown. Flip the salmon, then top the cooked side with the orange mustard glaze.
- Finish the salmon in the oven and cook until the internal temperature is 165 degrees, usually about 5-8 minutes, depending on the thickness of your salmon.
- Serve warm with wedges of orange.