Honey Mustard Marinade / Dressing
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup grainy mustard
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 garlic clove, grated or finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 8-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breast sliced in half horizontally so it’s 2 flatter pieces (I get my chicken and bacon from ButcherBox, which I highly recommend)
- 4 slices of thick cut bacon, cooked and chopped
- 6 cups baby romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Make the dressing by combing all ingredients. I usually make mine in a mason jar, put the lid on, and shake it to combine.
- Pour 1/3 of the dressing on top the chicken to marinate it for at least 30 minutes, or up to 1 day. Save the rest of the dressing for the salad.
- Cook the marinated chicken using your desired method until it reaches an internal temperature of 165º. Either grill over medium high heat for 5ish minutes per side, cook on the stove in a pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat for 5ish minutes per side, or roast in a 425º oven for 10-15ish minutes.
- Make the salad by combing all ingredients, and topping with desired amount of dressing. Toss and serve.