- 2 cups water
- 1–1/2 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice (from 8–10 lemons)
- 1/2 cup honey (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (from 2 lemons)
- Paleo coconut whipped cream (optional)
- hours before making, put your ice cream maker tub in the freezer.
- In a small pot over medium heat, combine the water, honey and lemon zest. Warm until the honey is dissolved. It doesn’t have to get hot, just warm.
- Remove the pot from heat, and add the lemon juice. Stir to combine. Taste for sweetness. Add more honey if desired.
- Transfer to an airtight container, and refrigerate until cold, 2 hours.
- Transfer the cold lemon sorbet liquid to your ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturers instructions.
- Spoon to frozen sorbet to a freezer safe container (I use a metal loaf pan), and freeze another 2 hours until frozen solid.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, just pour the lemon mixer right into a metal loaf pan and freeze it for 2 hours. Every 20 minutes or so, scrape with with a spoon to get air in to it.
- Scoop and serve. I love mine topped with my paleo coconut whipped cream!
*I’ve also made this with coconut sugar, but the coconut sugar is such a dark color it makes the sorbet brown instead of yellow. Still tastes great! If using coconut sugar instead of honey, use 1 cup or more to taste.