- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and room temperature
- 1/2 cup monk fruit sweetener (or coconut sugar)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shelled pumpkin seeds for the topping (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF with the oven rack in the middle. Place your silicone muffin pan on top of a rimmed baking sheet (to make it easy to lift the muffin pan).
- In your blender, combine all the ingredients except the pumpkin seeds. Blend over medium speed until completely combined, scraping down the sides if needed.
- Divide the pumpkin muffin batter to fill the muffin cups. You should fill the muffin cups 5/6 full. The batter is a thicker batter, so use a butter knife to swirl the center of the batter around to remove any big air pockets. Top the muffins with shelled pumpkin seeds if using. (I love them! They add great crunch!)
- Bake the muffins for 40 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
- Will keep in an airtight container for 3 days.
These freeze beautifully! Allow the muffins to cool completely, then wrap tightly in saran wrap and store in a freezer safe ziptop bag. Will keep in the freezer for 6 months. Just remove and allow to thaw at room temperature.