- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon monk fruit (or coconut sugar)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- coconut oil to grease the pan
- Toppings of choice: pure maple syrup, coconut whipped cream, nuts, paleo pumpkin butter, ghee, almond butter
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, eggs and coconut sugar.
- In a separate medium size bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, pumpkin pie spice and baking powder.
- Pour the wet ingredients in the dry ingredients, and whisk to combine. Beat out any lumps.
- Preheat a large nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Pour 1/4 cup of the batter to make each pancake, then use the back of the 1/4 measure to gently smooth out and flatten the pancake. The batter is a little thicker than “regular” pancake batter, it won’t spread out on its own.
- Cook the first side for about 3 minutes, until the edges are golden brown and a few bubble have broken through the top. Flip the pancakes, and continue to cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve warm, topped with your favorite pancake toppings.