BLT Lettuce Wraps
- 1 head butter lettuce (or iceberg or romaine)
- 8 slices of thick cut bacon (I get my bacon from ButcherBox, which I highly recommend)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- sliced avocado (optional)
- 1 batch Whole30 + Keto mayonnaise (or 1.5 cups store bought mayonnaise)
- 1/4 cup homemade almond milk (or store bought unsweetened, plain almond milk), or more to consistency preference
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley (or dried parsley)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives (or dried chives)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped dill (or 1 teaspoon dried dill)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + pepper, or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Line your rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil (for easy cleanup). Place the bacon in an even layer on the baking sheet without the bacon touching. Put the bacon in a COLD oven, then set the temperature to 425ºF. Bake for 20-35 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown. Cook time will depend on how thick your bacon is. Transfer the bacon to paper towels to drain off excess bacon fat.
- Make the ranch dressing by combining the mayonnaise, almond milk, lemon juice, parsley, dill, chives, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Make the lettuce wraps by placing bacon on the butter lettuce leaf, then topping with cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado and a drizzle of the avocado ranch dressing.
You can use grape tomatoes, or slice up large tomatoes! Out of fresh tomatoes? Drain a can of diced tomatoes and sprinkle them on. Yum!
Out of bacon? You could oven bake some prosciutto until crispy! Or fry up deli ham!
I prefer butter lettuce, but romaine or iceberg works too. You could ever serve it as a salad over baby greens.
Avocado is optional, but so yummy if you have it!