- (2) 6-ounce chicken breasts (I get my chicken from ButcherBox, which I highly recommend)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, sliced
- 1/4 head of red cabbage, sliced
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- (2) 10.7-ounce cans of mandarin oranges in 100% juice, drained (leave out for keto)
- 1 cup roasted, sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line the rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay the chicken breasts on the parchment paper, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven until the chicken has an internal temperature of 165ºF, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat, rest for 10 minutes, then chop the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Make the dressing by combining the avocado oil, rice wine vinegar, coconut aminos, pitted dates, sesame seed oil and salt in your high speed blender. Blend on high for 1 minute, until the date is fully chopped and the dressing is well blended.
- Make the salad by adding the iceberg lettuce, cabbage, cilantro, red bell pepper, green onions, mandarin oranges, almonds and chicken to your large salad bowl. Top with desired amount of dressing, toss and serve.
Make sure your dates you are using for the dressing are very soft and plump. If they are dry and hard, soak them in hot water for 10 minutes to soften them. They will blend much easier.
If it works for your diet, you can substitute 1 tablespoon honey for the pitted dates in the dressing.