- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Cut the casings on the sausage links, and remove the meat. Pinch of 2 teaspoon sausage hunks, and add to the pan to cook. Cook for 5 minutes until the bottoms are golden brown, then stir to brown all sides.
- Add the onion chunks and garlic to your food processor with the S-blade. Process for 1 minute until the onions are very finely chopped and almost look like a liquid.
- Add the chopped onions and garlic to the sausage, season with salt, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the diced tomatoes to the same food processor, and process for 1 minute until the tomatoes are finely chopped.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan, and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. The marinara sauce will be thick.
- Serve each spiralized zucchini raw in a pasta bowl, and top with the warm marinara and sausage sauce, and top with fresh basil. As you toss to coat the raw zucchini noodles, they will release a bit of moisture which will thin out the thick marinara sauce perfectly. The warm marinara sauce will warm the raw zucchini noodles.