- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2” piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped, about 1/4 cup
- 12” long piece of fresh lemongrass, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt + 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Making the Thai Sauce:
- In a small bowl, make the sauce by combining the coconut aminos, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar and sesame seed oil. Stir to combine. Set aside.
Making the Filling:
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and cook the onions, ginger, lemon grass, garlic, salt + pepper until softened and translucent, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Add the ground chicken, and cook until no longer pink and cooked through, stirring occasionally, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the Thai Sauce to the chicken mixture, turn the heat up to high, and cook until the sauce is almost completely absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes (mixture will be very hot). Add the shredded carrots and chopped cilantro, stir to combine.
- Serve warm scooped onto butter lettuce and topped with roasted cashews and my herby green dressing.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container for 5 days.