Paleo Zucchini Muffins
Healthy Paleo Zucchini Muffins Recipe – made with almond flour, and sweetened naturally with banana and coconut sugar. Gluten free, grain free, dairy free, refined sugar free, clean eating, real food.
My garden is full of summer zucchinis, which is making me a very happy girl. I’m adding zucchini into just about everything.
One of my favorites is shredding it up to make this healthy paleo zucchini muffins! The best taste of summer!
Table of Contents
Paleo Zucchini Muffin Ingredients
This muffin recipe uses 2 whole zucchini’s shredded up. I love shredding my zucchini with a box grater, and then using a nut milk bag to squeeze out all the moisture. This is the key to avoiding soggy muffins.
The rest of the batter is almond flour, banana + coconut sugar for sweetness, coconut oil, eggs, baking powder, vanilla and salt. By using a high speed blender, the batter gets extra smooth and gives the muffins a delicate crumb.
Nuts in Paleo Zucchini Muffins
Rather than putting nuts IN the muffin batter, try putting your nuts on top. This gives the zucchini muffin great crunch, and makes them extra pretty.
In this recipe I used walnuts, but you can really substitute any nut. Pecans or almonds would be delicious too!
How Long Do Zucchini Muffins Last?
After baking, these zucchini muffins will keep on the counter uncovered for at least 3 days, in an airtight container refrigerated for at least 1 week, or frozen for 6 months.
A great grab and go meal prep breakfast for the week!
Watch Recipe Video Demo (4:46 mins)
Paleo Zucchini Muffins
- 2 medium bananas, slightly over ripe with brown freckles
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and room temperature
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium zucchini, shredded and water squeezed out (about 2 cups)
- coconut oil spray
- 1/2 cup roasted walnuts, finely chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF with the oven rack in the middle. Place your silicone muffin pan on a rimmed baking sheet, and spray with coconut oil spray.
- In a high speed blender, combine the banana, eggs, almond flour, coconut sugar, coconut oil, baking powder, vanilla and salt. Blend until combined and there are no more lumps.
- With the blender off, add in the shredded zucchini and fold in to the batter with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into the muffin pan all the way to the top so they get puffy muffin tops.
- Sprinkle the tops with 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until the tops are golden brown.
- Will keep on the counter for 3 days, in an airtight container refrigerated for 1 week, or frozen for 6 months.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!