- (2) 6-ounce chicken breasts (I get my chicken from ButcherBox, which I highly recommend)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, sliced
- Half a 14oz bag of shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces cooked chicken, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds (or sliced almonds or peanuts)
- 1 package ramen noodles, seasoning packet removed, crushed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay the chicken breasts on the parchment paper, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven until the chicken has an internal temperature of 165ºF, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat, rest for 10 minutes, then chop the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- In a small mixing bowl, make the dressing by combining all the ingredients and whisking. Taste for flavor. Feel free to add more of any of the ingredients to suit your taste, such as more honey or more vinegar or more sesame seed oil. Set aside.
- In your largest salad bowl, combine all the salad ingredients. Top with the desired amount of dressing, toss to combine.
-This salad is amazing served with crispy pan fried pot stickers
-If you don’t have rice wine vinegar, white vinegar works also