- 4 pound chicken, cut into equal sizes, leave skin on and bones in, wings and spine discarded (I get my chicken from ButcherBox, which I highly recommend)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon rosemary, chopped
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup white wine, I use chardonnay
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat, and preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2. Salt and pepper the chicken. Add the olive oil to the cast iron skillet, and cook the chicken starting with the skin side down until the skin is crispy and golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- 3. While the chicken is cooking, in a small bowl combine the mustards, mayonnaise, rosemary and maple syrup. Mix to combine.
- 3. After the skin is golden brown, flip the chicken and top the crispy skin with the rosemary mustard mixture. Add the white wine to the skillet, then transfer the cast iron skillet to the oven. Cook until the chicken is cooked through to 165 degrees, about 20 minutes.
- 4. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for about 3 minutes. Add in the tablespoon of butter and swirl to combine with the the pan juices. Serve the chicken warm topped with the pan juices.
- 5. Will keep refrigerated for 1 week in an airtight container.
You can substitute agave nectar or honey for maple syrup.
If you don’t have a cast iron skillet any skillet will work.
- Calories: 367
- Fat: 3g