- 8 ounces Golden Grain® Angel Hair Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 7 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded parmesan cheese as topping, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- As the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly so that the garlic does not brown.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and white wine. Bring mixture to a simmer, stirring occasionally. About 5 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the simmering sauce. Cook, stirring frequently until the shrimp turn pink and are cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, and add the butter and basil to the sauce. Stir until the butter melts and the basil is fragrant, 1 minute. Taste the sauce, and add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce and serve warm, topped with parmesan cheese (optional).