- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (frozen or thawed) (I get my chicken from ButcherBox, which I highly recommend)
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (or tamari for gluten free)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup French’s Tomato Ketchup
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
- 20 oz can pineapple rings, juice from this can reserved
- 5 garlic cloves, grated or finely minded
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- green onions, finely sliced, for garnish
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the soy sauce, water, brown sugar, French’s Tomato Ketchup, drained crushed pineapple, juice from the pineapple rings (not the rings, they’ll be used when assembling in the slow cooker), garlic, and corn starch. Whisk to combine.
- Pour half the marinade to the bottom of the slow cooker. Tile the chicken breasts topped and the pineapple rings in the slow cooker, then top with the remaining marinade.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 7-8 hours. It is done with the chicken has an internal temperature of 165º and the mixture has thickened.
- Serve warm topped with green onions. I like serving mine with rice.