- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound) (I get my chicken from ButcherBox, which I highly recommend)
- (1) 14.5-oz can Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- corn tortilla taco shells
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- shredded mexican cheese
- sour cream
- In your slow cooker, combine the chicken (if it’s frozen, no need to defrost, throw it in frozen), Hunt’s diced tomatoes, chicken broth, cumin, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4 hours. When it is done cooking, shred the chicken using 2 forks in the slow cooker. Will be falling apart and shred very easily. Stir around in juices.
- Build tacos by adding shredded chicken and toppings of choice.
- Leftovers will keep refrigerated in an airtight container for 5 days.