- 2 pounds chicken breasts and/or thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt + 2 teaspoons pepper
- 4 stalks of celery
- 1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF.
- Pound your chicken to an even thickness. Place on the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken has an internal temperature of 165ºF. Rest until cool enough to handle.
- When the chicken is cool enough to handle, break it into large chunks and pulse in your food processor until finely chopped. Transfer the chopped chicken to a large mixing bowl.
- Then, use your food processor to finely chop the celery and then the bell pepper. Transfer to the same large mixing bowl.
- Add in the scallions, parsley, almonds, mayonnaise and dijon mustard. Stir to combine. Salt + pepper to taste, and add more mayonnaise if desired.
- Serve on butter lettuce, wrapped in collard greens, or scoop on top of baby greens.
- Will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for 5 days.