Balsamic Chicken Marinade
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, smashed
- 1 pound chicken breasts (I get my chicken from Butcherbox, which I highly recommend!)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons monk fruit (can sub date paste for Whole30, or sweetener of choice)
- kosher salt + pepper
- 6 cups organic mixed baby greens
- 1/4 cup organic strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup organic blueberries
- 1/4 cup organic raspberries
- 3/4 cup roasted pecans
- 2 avocados, sliced
- In a ziptop bag, make the marinade by adding the balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, salt, pepper, garlic and chicken. Marinate for at least 1 hour, or up to 1 day.
- Cook the chicken by either grilling on your BBQ (high heat for about 7 minutes per side), searing on your cast iron skillet in olive oil (medium heat for about 7 minutes per side), or roasting in your oven on a baking sheet (425ºF for about 15 minutes). The chicken is fully cooked when it has an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- Rest the chicken for 10 minutes, then slice into bite size pieces.
Balsamic Chicken Berry Salad
- In a large salad bowl, make the dressing. Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, date paste, then pinch of salt + pepper. Whisk, then taste and add more of any ingredient to suit your taste.
- On top of the salad dressing, add the mixed baby greens, and toss to coat the lettuce. Top with the strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, pecans, avocado and balsamic chicken. Toss, serve and enjoy!