Whole30 + Keto Blackened Salmon
Whole30 + Keto Blackened Salmon Recipe + Video – healthy + low carb blackened salmon with a chunky avocado topping. Paleo, gluten free, grain free, dairy free, sugar free, clean eating, real food.
You can never have too many salmon recipes. Am I right? We have salmon once a week, and I’m always looking for ways to jazz it up.
Nothing is more jazzy and flavorful than this whole30 + keto blackened salmon!
Keto Blackened Salmon
This salmon is coated in a flavorful spice mixture that gives it the black appearance, but packs in a ton of flavor! I bet you have all the spices you need on hand for this recipe.
Most blackened seasonings are really spicy. I prefer mine mild, with virtually no spiciness. That way I can feed it to my kids no problem. I add in very little cayenne pepper. If you want yours spicier, just add in more.
I love serving it with a really chunky guacamole. The fattiness and lime compliments the blackened salmon perfectly.
You must make my cauliflower rice risotto as well. Such a good dinner!
Watch Blackened Salmon Recipe Demo (3:31 minutes)
Blackened Dry Rub
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, leave out if you don’t want it spicy or making for kids)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 salmon filets, can be skin on or skin off, patted completely dry
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon diced jalapenos (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, make the blackened seasoning by combining all the ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Season the salmon with the blackened seasoning.
- When the pan is warm, add in the coconut oil. Cook the salmon, starting skin side down if it has skin. Cook for 3-5 minutes, then flip and cook another 2-3 minutes, or until the salmon has an internal temperature of 125ºF.
- Serve warm, topped with chunky guacamole. I love this with cauliflower rice risotto and roasted asparagus!
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for at least 5 days.
This post contains affiliate links, thanks for the love!
Never Miss a Recipe!
Get new posts delivered straight to your inbox! For free!