- 2 tablespoons ghee, divided
- (2) 12-ounce bags frozen cauliflower rice
- 8-ounce chicken breast, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- half a yellow onion, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated or finely minced
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- garnish: sliced green onions and sesame seeds (optional)
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes until warm.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of ghee, then add in the frozen cauliflower rice. Stir and cook until thawed, cooked and starting to get brown edges. About 10 minutes. Remove from the cauliflower rice from skillet to a separate bowl to use later on.
- Add in another tablespoon of ghee. Add in the diced chicken breast and season with salt. Stir and cook until golden brown, about 7 minutes.
- To the pan with the ghee and chicken, add in the diced carrots, diced zucchini, diced onion + sliced green onions. Season with salt. Stir and cook until soft, about 7 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add the cooked cauliflower rice back in and stir around.
- Make an opening in the middle of the fried rice. Pour in the beaten egg and stir around to scramble and cook. Once the egg is scrambled, mix in completely.
- Add in the coconut aminos and sesame seed oil. Stir to combine.
- Taste for salt, and add more if desired.
- Serve warm, topped with sliced green onions and sesame seeds (optional).
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for 5 days, or frozen for 6 months. See Notes below for meal prep and freezing instructions.
Using Real Rice: When making this for my kids, I’ll use frozen Trader Joe’s Organic Jasmine Rice! Exact same recipe, but pour in 1 bag frozen rice (no need to thaw it) after adding in the garlic.
Meal Prep Instructions: Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. HEATING: Either microwave until warm, about 3-5 minutes (I like to sprinkle in a little water to help it steam and prevent it from drying out). Or reheat in a large nonstick skillet with some ghee until crispy again.
Freezing Instructions: Freeze in a freezer safe airtight container for at least 6 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight, or reheat straight from frozen. Reheat either in the microwave until warm, about 5-7 minutes. Or reheat in a large nonstick skillet with some ghee until crispy again. You can put it in the skillet straight from frozen.