- 1 pound chicken breasts or thighs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- salt + pepper
- Whole bunch (1 stalk) of celery, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews, chopped
- 1 batch Whole30 + Keto Stir Fry Sauce (<– Click here for the link to the stir fry sauce!)
- cauliflower rice for serving
- sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Heat your cast iron skillet (or large skillet or wok) over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- When your pan is hot, add the avocado oil. Add in the chopped chicken and season with salt + pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the skillet and transfer to a plate.
- In the same skillet, add in the chopped celery, bell pepper + green onions. Season with a pinch of salt + pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are crisp tender.
- Add the chicken back in to the skillet, and pour over the stir fry sauce. Heat for 2-3 minutes. The heat will activate the tapioca starch to thicken the sauce.
- Remove from the heat. Add in the chopped cashews. Serve warm over cauliflower rice and garnish with sesame seeds.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for at least 5 days, or frozen for at least 6 months.
Chicken: I like chopping the chicken before cooking it because it cooks much faster! This is also a great use of leftover chicken. You could chop it up and add it in AFTER the vegetables are done cooking to warm through. If you want to save a ton of time, you could cut up a store bought rotisserie chicken too!
Protein: This would obviously work with other proteins too. Like shrimp, beef or pork. Have fun using what you have!
Vegetables: When I made this recipe, I used up the last of some veggies that were about to go bad in my fridge, haha! Absolute love celery in a stir fry. It stays so crispy! You could use any color bell pepper. You could substitute yellow or red onion in place of green onions. Or have fun using whatever veggies you have on hand! Zucchini, broccoli, green beans, cabbage, etc.
Meal Prep Instructions: Store in an airtight container for at least 5 days in the refrigerator. HEATING: Either microwave until warm, about 3-5 minutes (I like to sprinkle in a little water to help it steam and prevent it from drying out). Or reheat in a skillet over medium heat with some avocado oil until warm.
Freezing Instructions: Freeze in a freezer safe airtight container for at least 6 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight if you can. Reheat either in the microwave until warm, about 3-5 minutes. (Or longer if microwaving from frozen!) Or reheat in a skillet with some avocado oil over medium heat until warm.
Nutrition Information: Nutritional information is calculated using the above ingredients, and the stir fry sauce using soy sauce + monk fruit, plus 1 cup of cauliflower rice. It is provided as a courtesy only and should be construed as an estimate rather than a guarantee. Ingredients can vary. Always best to go off your own calculations based on the ingredients and measurements you use.