- In a sauce pan over medium high heat, combine the cranberries, water, monk fruit + salt. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil.
- When it begins boiling, reduce to a simmer. Cook uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. No need to smash the cranberries, they will burst on their own.
- When the sauce is thickened, remove from heat. (If it accidentally thickened too much, just add more water!)
- Add in the orange zest and stir. Cool to room temperature.
- Will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for at least 5 days.
You can really use any sweetener in the same amounts if not keeping it whole30 + keto: honey, maple syrup, white sugar, etc.