- (3) 6-ounce chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, grated or finely minced
- 1 bunch of kale, stems removed, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3 teaspoons salt
- (3) 12-ounce bags frozen cauliflower rice
- 1/3 cup pork rind panko (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Set in the wire baking rack. Place the chicken breasts on the wire rack, season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes. Remove from the oven, and chop into bite size pieces.
- Reduce your oven temperature to 350ºF.
- While the chicken is roasting, heat your cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil, onion and mushrooms. Season with 1 teaspoon salt + pepper. Sautee, stirring occasionally, until caramelized and golden brown. About 10 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant. Then add in the kale, and sautee until soft, about 5 minutes.
- To make the sauce, in your high speed blender combine the chicken stock, soaked cashews, nutritional yeast and salt. Blend on high for 60 seconds until completely smooth.
- When the kale is soft, stir in the frozen cauliflower rice and chopped chicken. Stir until completely combined. The cauliflower rice will still be frozen. The oven will do all the cooking of it!
- Pour the sauce all over the top of the casserole. Use a spatula to gently nudge it to be completely absorbed.
- Top the casserole with crushed pork rind panko.
- Bake in the 350ºF oven for 20-25 minutes, until bubbling and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Serve warm.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container refrigerated for 5 days.
If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, you can pour it all into a 9×13 or 6 quart baking dish.
You can pour the cauliflower rice in straight from frozen! No need to thaw.