- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (from about 1 juicy lime)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed, finely diced (or more for spicier)
- In a large bowl, make the dressing in the bottom by combining the mayo, lime juice, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Add in the cabbage, cilantro, green onions + jalapeno. Toss to combine.
- Heat your cast iron skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Season your cut up mahi mahi generously with salt + pepper.
- When the cast iron skillet is warm, add in the avocado oil. Working in batches so there the pan doesn’t get too crowded, add in the mahi mahi, and sear for 4-6 minutes without touching it until crispy and golden brown. Flip, and cook an additional 1-2 minutes. Remove and rest on a plate. Repeat with the remaining mahi mahi if necessary.
- Place mahi mahi on each butter lettuce. Top with avocado slices and the spicy coleslaw. Enjoy!
You can use another firm white fish in place of mahi mahi, such as cod or swordfish. Or even salmon!
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container for 5 days.