- Preheat your grill and clean your grill grates. We have a Traeger grill, and I set it to 375ºF.
- Get out your skewers. I love these metal skewers. If you’re using wood skewers make sure you soak them in water beforehand so they won’t catch on fire.
- Skewer your vegetables and steak. I like putting all the steak on its own skewer, and each vegetable on its own skewer. They all cook at slightly different time frames, this way you can pull off the meat and vegetable when each is cooked perfectly.
- Rub the steak and vegetable skewers generously with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Grill the steak and vegetable skewers, turning once. The steak will take about 12-15 minutes until it has an internal temperature of 125ºF for medium rare. The vegetables will take about 15-20 minutes, until soft with char marks.
- Serve warm, drizzled with the marinated onion oil. When I serve them, I remove all the meat and vegetables from the skewers and serve it all on a big serving platter. Then everyone can help themselves! I love serving mine with cauliflower rice and plenty of marinated onions. So good!
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container for at least 5 days refrigerated.
You can use other cuts of steak in a pinch, but top sirloin is the best I’ve found for steak kabobs.
You can really use any vegetables for the skewers! Zucchini, mushroom, bell pepper + tomato are my favorite.